Commercial Property Loans
A Commercial Property Loan is a medium- to long-term loan specifically designed to fund, refinance and/or improve non-residential property. These loans are offered in kwacha and United States dollars.
What does it offer me?
- A repayment period of up to 120 months
- Your monthly repayments can be tailored to match your cash flow cycles
- Interest is variable and is linked to our official base rate, meaning you get the benefit if the interest rate drops
- Funding is aligned to your use of the property
- The loan is not repayable on demand
- The loan to value maximum is 70%.
What do I need to apply?
Be a Business client with an existing Stanbic Bank Business Current account.
You need to give us the following documents to enable our credit department to make an informed decision.
- Your business’ financial statements
- Personal statements of assets and liabilities of all the partners, members or directors.
- Your sales and purchases budgets
- A projected income and expenditure statement
- A 12-month cash flow forecast
- The amount of your own contribution, and the source of the funds
- Schedule of debtors and creditors
- If you do not have a Business account with us, you must give us your past three months’ bank statements.
This is not a full list. Depending on the nature of the application and the business risk involved, you may need to give us fewer or more documents.
For more information on the documents you need to give us, please call the Head of Business Banking Department on 370000.
We also need the following documents from you when you apply for a Commercial Property Loan
- A property valuation
- Proof that you are legally authorised to borrow funds
- Proof of a valid need for the facility
- A clean credit record
- A first charge bond over the property
- Guarantees or suretyships from shareholders
- Assignment or cessation of lease/rental income if not owner occupied
- Assignment or cessation of insurance policies (material damage).